Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I'm back blog world....Happy (late) Halloween

I know I know I'm a slacker! I have a good reason for it though...

I was making Ayva's elephant costume.
Thanks to my sister Steph for telling me that her boy was going to be an elephant. That gave me the idea for Ayva's costume. She's loves elephants just like her cousin!
I was searching everywhere for an elephant costume and the only one I found was $60, and I wasn't going to pay that for a costume so I made one.
It has been years since the last time I have sewed anything and I've never made a costume. It was so fun to do but I put it off until the Monday before Halloween. I spent a couple nights working on it until 3am and I finished it on Thursday right before the trunk or treat at the church.
And I had to make Cheyenne some pants for her chicken costume. This happens when you move, the bottoms to the chicken costume is packed away somewhere and I couldn't find them. Maybe I'll find them when with this next move.
Josh, Cheyenne and Ayva at the trunk or treat. We got there a little late because I was finishing up their costumes and by the time we got there people were packing up to leave. Now I'm stuck with loads of candy.

Cheyenne was done with the whole Halloween thing.
Ayva loved that people were giving her candy. She said to me that night that, "the peoples were nice."
Here she is putting her trunk to good use.
Friday Josh's company had a little trick or treating for employee's kids.
When we left Josh we headed home and went to Wal-Mart for some more trick or treating. They had 16 stations that the kids could go to. Ayva had a great time with all this trick or treating. She also found another use for her trunk at Wal-Mart, she hung her candy bag on it. Smart kid!

Friday night I wanted to take Ayva around to a few houses just to give her the experience. Josh and Cheyenne followed us in the car. Ayva did a great job. We went up to the house and when they answered she said, "Trick or Treat." It was so cute. 

And of course Josh has been doing his early Saturday morning fishing trips. The Saturday before Halloween he went and came home with this....
10 Salmon, which is the limit any 1 person can take with them.
Oh the fish, so much fish, a pile of fish in my freezer. I guess we are getting our Omega 3.
Actually Josh is awesome at cooking these things.

13 comments:

Leisel said...

I am so impressed!!! Awesome job on the costumes!!!! It sounds like you had fun-- crazy what we go through so that our children can run around for a few minutes collecting candy that we don't really need or want. But what's a mom to do???

JJ said...

Wow! You are one impressive woman! I am amazed. I wouldn't have even tried a costume as complex as that elephant looked. You did an amazing job. Next time I'm there I need to take a few lessons from you.

Bill Bates said...

Wow, fantastic job, Lacey. Thanks for the pictures. Our granddaughthers are so cute.

kelley said...

great job on the costumes, loved the trunk holding the candy-I laughed out loud.

We are going private. If you'd like to follow our blog post your email address and I'll send you an invite. (I'll delete it as soon as I get it)

abb said...

I love the costumes! You did very well, Lacey! It looks like you had a fun Halloween. Thanks so much for letting me see my granddaughters in their Halloween costumes!

BriANDaleen said...

Your girls are so cute, and great job with the costume!

Eric and Amy said...

WOW! Free Salmon! You've got a great hubby!
And holy crapper, amazing job on the costume! I'm SO impressed! You're hired for next year's costumes :).

Stephanie said...

Awesome job on the costume! It looks so cute. Both girls are adorable. I love how Ayva put the candy in her trunk. That is so something that Brampton would do! And the fish...oh the fish...that cracks me up. Way to go Josh. Oh and forget about the omega 3 pills...I think you got it covered.

Nat said...

I am impressed! Those costumes are so cute! You guys should have come trick-or-treating at our house!

janelle said...

The costumes are so cute! I love Cheyenne's chicken costume. I loved them both. Ayva's feet cracked me up! Your blog is so fun.

Mullin Fam said...

I loved how the elephant turned out! She was so cute! We missed most of the trunk or treat too. I'm surprised we didn't see each other!

Jeff said...

Cool!!

Kelsey said...

Sounds so familiar. Sewing till 3am just so the kids can have their costumes in time. Great job on the costume.