Saturday, March 29, 2008

Potty Training!!!

It's finally here, I'm starting to potty train Ayva. Yesterday we got her a little potty and today for the very first time she did it. It was so funny because I took her diaper off and she would sit on it and then get up and play with the box it came in and then she would sit again thinking it was this cool new chair. And then she looked at me with this almost panic look and ran to the chair sat on it and she did it. I was very happy!

Also, Cheyenne is starting to eat cereal. So we are just moving right along!

I'm not looking forward to when Ayva goes to kindergarten. I know it's a ways off but I think about it and I can't stand the thought of it. How do you let them go? She will be away from me and I'll no control on what goes on. I'm terrified!!! Anyone else?

7 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh my gosh I thought that I was the only over-protective mom! Tyler started pre-school this last fall and I cried so many times dropping him off! He loves it and I think that is the only thing that keeps me taking him back!

Morgan said...

PS good luck with the potty training...never a fun thing!

Leisel said...

Oh, yes! And for Kira it is coming up FAST!!!! When I watch the news here and see the school shootings around elementary schools, I am totally frightened!!! I really want to go somewhere a little smaller where there might not be any gang violence at least. . . Good luck with the potty training. So far she sounds like she is doing better than both Kira and Kamber did.

Mandy said...

Congrats on the potty training! I hear girls are easier than boys...
I decide on a weekly basis to homeschool Remy (which I wouldn't actually do, too crazy...) but I hear you! It just seems like the first step of letting them go!

abb said...

Yeah Ayva! Good luck Lacey!

Nat said...

Potty training and Kindergarten...we're doing both this year, (not the same kid, though!) We're also having a first birthday and starting second grade. Too much growing up here! There's nothing you can do to stop it, so you may as well enjoy it. Oh, and I cried like a baby when the first dude started kindergarten, and when the second registered. It's okay though. That's what moms do!

vancar said...

You can do it all, Lacey!!! Yes, that's what moms do! Love you, Carla