Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Last Day of Cousin Camp 2010

I'm sure ya'll are tired of hearing about this, seeing how it's taken me forever to get through plus I still have another fun trip we went on to blog about.

We saved our trip to Union Station for Saturday because I thought our dad would enjoy going there with everyone. My dad served his mission in Kansas City many many years ago and he arrived there at Union Station. It is quite the trip down memory lane for him.

Before we left for Union Station...

We made hats for the kids (Annie and Steph did an awesome, amazing job with theirs. My poor girls).


Grandpa and the kids enjoying a piece of cake together---mmmmmmm yummy!!
Grandpa taking them for a walk so us moms could get everything ready.
They have a new exhibit at Union Station with dinosaurs and of course the kids loved it.
This one roared at them while moving his head.
Grandpa (blue shirt) and Steph (pink shirt), I'm sure he was telling her about his arrival for his mission. That door at the end of the hall is the door he came through. Then met his Mission President just to the right from where I was standing taking the picture. He said it looked a little different back then but still has some of the original stuff.

We had a picnic.

We headed outside to see the big dinosaur.
And played around it.

The doors back and to the left of Ayva were the doors my dad came out of after meeting his Mission President.
This was so cute. Ayva took a real liking to Cardston.
One day we were getting into the cars and they were walking out together. Steph grabbed Cardston to put him in the car and I took Ayva to put her in another car. She then told me, "Why is she taking him away from me, he'll be all alone without me." After explaining that he needs to go into another car she said, "I think he should be my brother."
Oh really!!
There was a really cool train exhibit. So many model train tables to look at, I even thought they were cool!

The Crew
(minus Grandpa, he was at a church meeting and Aunt Brittany who was taking the picture)

THANKS EVERYONE FOR MAKING THE WEEK SO MUCH FUN!!!

0 comments: