Monday, June 7, 2010

DAY 3 OF COUSIN CAMP

I forgot to mention our girls' night out. It was the night of day 2. Brittany took Annie, Stephanie and I to a movie, Letters To Juliet. The AMC Theater there in Olathe has changed some since I've lived there. They have the Cinema Suites and Fork & Screen. Britt took us to the Cinema Suites, it was awesome. They have leather reclining seats and a person that waits on you. Restaurant style food and of course concession stand treats. It's quite fancy and was a very fun experience. The other cool thing about the Cinema Suites, you have to be 21 and older.

It certainly was a girls' night out, after the movie we went to Wal-Mart (I can't remember why) but Steph and Annie started trying on all sorts of clothes. Funny thing about that, the dressing rooms were closed so they found an aisle that was out of the way and started trying on clothes. Silly girls!!! They actually found some really cute stuff for very cheap. I'll spare you the details but lets just say we were all cracking up at ourselves, well mostly at those two.

Thank you Brittany for an awesome night, we certainly needed something like that!

Needless to say we got off to a late start the next morning...

We went to Crown Center in Kansas City on the 3rd day where we went to Kaleidoscope. It was a fun FREE place for the kids to play and do art work. Crown Center is a really cool place and I've only been there a few times in my life. A big mall with very cool stores and so many things to do.

The first station they made cone hats.


And of course Steph had to join in and make one herself. She's so cute and creative.
Cheyenne, Addison and Ayva playing around.
Addison, what a silly little thing. I swear, she's as lite as a feather when picking her up.
So many discovery type things to play with.
This room was the coolest. It was a black light room. This station was melted crayon that they could splatter on paper. I think I had more fun with this than my girls. The above is a shot with my flash and below are ones without the flash.


Here they got to make crowns.



Ayva, Cardston, Brampton, Cheyenne, Addison, Aden
This is just a really cool couch and a great place for a picture. Poor Brampton was asleep, although we think he was just faking it. They got so sick of taking pictures, poor kids!

After Kaleidoscope, we went to the Crayola Store. Ayva loves lining things up, especially animals.
They found this train outside of the train cafe and just had to get on. What cute kids!!
That night we topped it off with a little Birthday Party. The 3 boys and my sister Brittany all have birthday's in May but it was a celebration for all of them.

More to come.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay! That girls night sure was fun! And a little scandalous. I think I owe you some beads!! wink wink.

Lacey said...

LOL!!! I owe you some as well!!!

Eric and Amy said...

What a fun trip! Must be strange to go back to all the old stomping grounds we grew up with. I remember trying to go to Kaleidescope once but it never worked out. Oh how my kids would love it now! So glad you're posting about cousin camp ... now that my parents are in town ... we can get one rolling for us too!!!