Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 4

We took it pretty easy on day 4 because, well let's just face it...we're getting old and we were worn out! Not Annie though, she was going strong. MAYBE IT WAS JUST ME!
We did some crafts in the morning. The girls made these flower foam necklaces and the boys made foam airplanes.

She just wouldn't keep that shirt on.
Aden
Brampton
Cardston (and he had a rough day...keep reading and you'll find out what happened, poor thing!)
The boys were flying the planes down the stairs, it was so cute!!
Grandma doing my job while I was taking pictures.
Addison and Aden with their crafts.
Ayva and Cheyenne and their necklaces (well actually mine and grandma's necklaces, hahaha)
Cardston, Brampton, Aden, Addison, Ayva and Cheyenne
I tried to get as many group shots as I could.
Ayva's new horse shirt (she loves horses).
After crafts we played outside while getting ready to ride on the carousel at Oak Park Mall.
Playing "Ring Around the Bushes"
Carousel Ride, we were on the top level and boy did that make me sick. I get motion sickness real easy.
Play area by the carousel.
Seriously, where did she learn that?
Addison, silly girl, hanging from the castle.
Poor Cardston was playing on the castle just like everyone else and took a tumble. He is such a strong little thing, he kept playing but being very careful with his right wrist. After a little bit Steph decided to get him checked out so we took a trip to the Urgent Care at Children's Mercy Hospital.
While Cardston and Steph were in with the doctor the kids were rolling down the grassy hill having a blast. Poor little Cardston!
Later that night my girls were complaining about their arms and legs hurting. Either they're allergic to grass or they had some serious grass at the hospital.

Here's Cardston after his trip to the hospital. He fractured his wrist! That cast was enormous on that tiny little thing.
To top off the day, we had a little treasure hunt. We had planned for this activity at a park but this day our plans kept changing---lunch with grandpa...nope, treasure hunt at the park...nope, Deanna Rose Petting Zoo...nope. A couple of the days were like that. I think because of weather, if I'm remembering right.
NOTE TO SELF FOR NEXT TIME: Plan out everything in detail and keep to the plan.
I ran out of room on my SD card (I know, shocker right?!!!) at the end of the treasure hunt. Stephanie had made up these bags full of little treasures.
Steph had taken this picture days before cousin camp.

Please excuse the duplicate of this picture below, for some reason it won't let me delete it.

2 comments:

cad said...

What a fun and clever idea! Will you make this a tradition?

Ouch on the broken wrist! I know what that feels like. The kids will remember this forever... fun!

Lacey said...

The plan is to keep it as a tradition, I sure hope we can.