Friday, July 10, 2009

Stroller Off Roading, candy, sleep and fireworks...

We decided to pay a visit to The Garden of the Gods on the 4th. It's a park of big red rocks here in Colorado Springs full of hiking trails. We've never been there so we didn't know what to expect. That day the park was full of people and cars. So we finally found a place and thought we could meet up with some of the trails. Well here is a visual for you to see our stroller off roading experience...and yes we were getting looks from everyone we passed!


The girls were having fun!!!

Not very stroller friendly! Yes we feel very stupid after that hike.
They do horseback riding tours here and so we came across a ton of horse droppings. The whole way we heard, "Mama, more horse poops!" "Yucky horse poopies!" "That smells stinky!" She was right, it did stink!
We finally made it to a place that wasn't so bad, still no paved areas.
After our little picture stop, yes, it started raining. At first it was a light sprinkle, not bad. Josh asked if I wanted to go back and I said, "No, it's not bad." Famous last words. We kept trucking along and of course, we got a down poor. Good thing I remembered the umbrellas.
At this point we had reached a road, so I stayed with the girls and Josh ran back for the car. So the bottom half of my body was wet, at least the umbrella kept the top half of me and the girls dry.
Josh pulled up and as we got to the car I noticed the trails were magically paved. Oh, our luck sometimes just kills me!
Despite our interesting experience, it is a beautiful place.
We put the girls in the car and started driving off and Cheyenne was out!
No, Ayva's not naked. Daddy stopped on the way home and got them treats. M&Ms, their favorite.
We were lucky to have a fireworks display right outside our front door. The Air Force Academy put on a show so we just sat in our driveway. Ayva was excited and Cheyenne too...
for a few minutes. Those two got bored with it real fast, not me, I love fireworks! I had a blast!

Not my family though, after a few minutes of watching here is my hubby picking weeds.
Cheyenne decided that was a good idea too. Why not, fireworks pull weeds, there's just no question!
They finally stopped and watched a little more.
And here is our little doggy trying to dig a whole in the cement. Sometimes it's scary how in character she gets. That's my girl!
Barks like a dog, pants, on all fours, even scratches behind her ears with her foot, wants her food in a bowl on the floor sometimes, whining like a dog, howls like a dog and so on. It's incredible!
Should I be worried???

10 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

That off roading experience is hilarious! Sorry at your expense! But at least it was beautiful! :) The girls surely won't soon forget the adventure!

Leisel said...

You guys are such troopers! If something like that happened to us, Brandon and I would probably end up divorced or something. . . ;0) And I am thinkin' you should just be greatful that hubby pulls the weeds. . .;0)

janelle said...

I love the stroller pics! They made me laugh out loud. When I was Ayva's age I went through a serious dog phase too. I don't think you should be worried! It's cute :D

Bill Bates said...

Buy her a dog!

kelley said...

Josh is the man--that looks like it took serious muscle. What a view. I raised a variety of animals, dogs, kitten's, birds, horses . . . they all grew up to be normal people.

Nat said...

At least the girls enjoyed their off-road experience! It looks like you guys had fun!

Oh, and I would have watched the fireworks over weeding. Your hubs is a dork! ;)

abb said...

We've had many stroller off roading experiences through the years. Lots of fun!

Ellen said...

Your off roading experience was funny, took a lot of muscle Josh, At least you saw beautiful country. Ayvah will grow into a person eventually. When RaeLynn was little she spent a lot of time with us. One day she was a kitty, then a dog. Did the whole thing, barking , meowing, eating out of a bowl on the floor, even water. She even had an imaginative friend, the toliet was a monster and so on....Now she is a lovely young women. The girls are beautiful and growing so much. enjoy every minute cause they grow so fast and the time is gone. Love Grandma

Leslie said...

Looks like it was a good adventure.

Heidi said...

Off roading in a stroller, you may start a new sport. Speaking of sport how did Josh handle pushing the stroller over such trecherous terain?
Pretty pictures, I love the one of cheyenne sleeping. Your girls are beautiful! And most kids do grow out of the puppy phase. Just throw some Reese's Puffs cereal in a bowl and let her imagination run wild!