Monday, December 15, 2008

Funny things that Ayva says...

While we've been sorting and packing we came across a little Christmas tree so we put it up. The girls were down for a nap so they had no idea. When Ayva woke up she came out and saw it and this was her reaction...


With a gasp  "Santa brought me my Christmas tree, that was so nice of him."

We also stumbled across her old swim suit and a pony and set them on a chair, just random things and when she saw those...

"Santa brought me my presents too." "I love 'em."

Is that all we have to do for Christmas for them, wrap up things that have been stored away? 

Then Josh got Cheyenne up and brought her out to the living room and Ayva was so excited and said...
"Look BeeSen, it's my Christmas tree!"

She cracks me up. It's something new everyday.

Last week at Wal-Mart Ayva and I were walking out and the bell ringer said goodbye and Merry Christmas. So I told her to say it back and she did. There was a lady behind us and Ayva looked up at me and said, "Mama, the peoples say Merry Christmas to me." The whole way to the car she was talking about it and the lady passed us and said, "Your little girl is so cute."

7 comments:

abb said...

That is so cute! Ayva is learning to be grateful and appreciative. I've noticed she has very good manners. That's wonderful! Keep it up! It really doesn't take that much to make a young child happy. They are happy with empty boxes, packaging peanuts, wrapping paper, bows and ribbons!

Nat said...

So many times I have been tempted to wrap things that have been stored away to give to my kids for Christmas. I've never done it though. That lady was right, your little girls are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute story!

Heidi said...

Kids make life worth it. It was nice to meet you for the second time at my grandma's on thanksgiving. And we hope you and Josh and the girls have a wonderful Christmas.

Mike and Audrey said...

Kids are so cute! Fun story.

Merry Christmas!

Kelsey said...

Kids are so precious

Merrilee said...

Your girls are so cute! I love it. I am so glad you all had a good Christmas! Happy New Year! I hope all is well with you guys - so far it looks like it is. :) Loves!