Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Joys of Pregnancy

Warning...another pregnancy "poor me" story.

I've been taking the anti-nausea medication Zofran for the majority of this pregnancy and I've been getting it from my doctors office. Haven't had any problems except with the last bottle I received. Instead of giving me Zofran they gave me Zoloft. So I was taking it for about a week and knew something was off because I started feeling sick again.

Well Wednesday morning I felt horrible and had a lovely vomiting session. It was so intense it felt like my face was being ripped off...strange description, I know, but that's the only way I can describe it. I didn't notice it until tonight and this is what I found all over my face...ruptured blood vessels!!

Please excuse the extreme close up but I just had to share.

3 comments:

BriANDaleen said...

Good grief, you poor thing! I can't believe they gave you the wrong medicine, you're lucky you lasted a week before getting so sick!!!

Stephanie said...

Wow! That's crazy...ruptured blood vessels. You were right...sounds intense. Hopefully that's your last episode before she comes :)

carol daniels said...

Oh.... not fun. Good luck on your soon to be delivery.