Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

The Monday after Thanksgiving we put up the Christmas tree for FHE. The girls had a great time putting on all the ornaments.
I'm terrible, I know, I didn't have a star for the tree and Ayva didn't let me forget. So the next day I went to Wal-Mart and got a little star.





They both had to have a turn at putting the star on top.

On another note, it is bitterly cold here and extremely windy (just keep that in mind).

So, I hung Christmas balls on the little dead tree in our front yard last week. It is so windy here that one of the balls feel off yesterday and I kept saying - I'll pick it up later. Well today I was at the kitchen sink and looked out the window and saw my Christmas ball rolling away down the road.
I was really sad, I know pathetic, but I love Christmas and all the fun decorations. Since we've been married I've never really stocked up on my decorations because of all the moving, so this year I decided to go a little more crazy with all that (well not that crazy).
So as the ball was rolling away I thought it was gone forever and I was so sad I almost cried--see pathetic!!
I decided to wander out to see if I could get it. I went down our driveway and didn't see it so I turned around and the cold, bitter, snowy wind took my breath away and just about knocked me over. I came back in and gave up.
Josh came down and I told him all about it. He was very nice and didn't give me a hard time about being sad over one Christmas ball-what a great guy!
He gave me hope and I was determined to find it this time. I bundled myself up and went out!
I started walking down the street and kept going and I turned a corner and there it was--in the middle of the road rolling on top of the powder snow. I GOT IT!!!
The walk home was the worst! I was walking into the wind. I couldn't see or breath (ok, I'm assuming you got the sarcasm there)!
I felt kind of stupid, all that just for a decoration.
BUT NOW I'M HAPPY AGAIN!!!

Feel free to tell me how pathetic I am!

Christmas Lights
I spent Saturday morning on the roof hanging Christmas lights--well I actually spent most of Friday, all of Saturday morning and part of Saturday afternoon. It got so cold Saturday afternoon that I could barely move my fingers!

6 comments:

janelle said...

I don't think you're pathetic at all!!! I would have done the same thing. I think it really shows how important the holidays are to you.

The Burkinshaws said...

Lacey, would you ever be willing to do some pro bono work for your once again pathetic cousin. I have never had pictures of Greer and I would love some of me and my children. I will be in Colorado on the 23rd through the 27th.I would really appreciate it but if you cant or are busy no problem whatsoever. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers... Nae

kelley said...

Everything looks so festive!

Bill Bates said...

That is a funny story about the christmas ornament. I am surprised no one had run it over.

abb said...

I wouldn't call you pathetic at all! You should have seen Dad and I trying to put up our tree this year - alone! I would have been chasing a Christmas ball down the street! Especially if it had some family memory attached to it. The ball you chased may not have had any attachment to it, but I bet it will from now on!

I love the pictures of the girls decorating the tree and putting on the star! I am excited to see them very soon!

Nat said...

I'm glad you got your ornament! I'm also glad Josh didn't make fun of you for being sad. I don't think he'd be so nice about it if it were me... ;) Big brothers are like that!

Everything looks so pretty and festive!