Monday, June 1, 2009

Lake Powell Vacation

**Warning**
This post is really long.
Last week we went out to Utah to visit family and spend some time at Lake Powell.
We went up to Provo to do temple work. We didn't have a babysitter so I just stayed with the girls and went to visit my grandparents and we had a good time. The girls loved taking over their home and I forgot to take pictures while we were there, hence no pics of that little visit.
After the temple we all went out to lunch. 
We all had a good time chowin' down!

My battle on this trip was trying to keep Cheyenne's hair done. I would do her hair and seconds later it would be out. I lost that battle!
Ayva had to be holding someone's hand and this trip her favorite person was Ethan.
There were a lot of people at the cemetery. This probably sounds really strange but I've always loved going to cemetery's. It seems very peaceful to me, I just love the feeling I get when I'm there. 
Just like her dad, never wants to look at the camera.
Always with the silly faces.
There was a field with horses next to the cemetery and the kids loved it.


Ayva loves horses.
Doing good so far with the hair that day! Although I think by that point I had fixed it 3 times already.
OOOH, how cute!
Ayva was always hanging around Ethan.
Ayva and Uncle Jimmy. Jimmy is leaving in two days for the MTC! 
Now we are at Lake Powell. This is the house we got to stay at.
Have you noticed, alot of Cheyenne's pictures are of her back side?
And again, with cousin Adam.
Ayva hangin' with the boys.
And all the kids playing in the red dirt.
Here we all are at Bullfrog Marina.
Ayva and daddy looking at the fishies.
Ayva and her pal Ethan.
A front view of Cheyenne, it's rare. Notice the hair.
What a funny girl.
Cheyenne and daddy eating lunch.
The rest of the crew eating lunch.
We rented a boat and found this little cove to play in.
If you'll notice, Natalie and her boys are at the top, they're the ants you see.
Ayva and daddy.
I know, gorgeous picture of me but sometimes I feel bad that we don't have more pics of the four of us so I try to just suck it up and take one. The girls were not fans of getting in the water. It was cold but after a few minutes it was fine.
This is Ayva striking her pose and saying, "What do you think?"
Cheyenne was a little unsure of what she was walking on.
The two of them together in a picture, now that's rare too.
Ayva posing for me.
There's Cheyenne, wondering where her mama went.
Ayva loves exploring. 
Ayva and daddy were playing and chasing the lizards.

I think she's seen one too many episodes of America's Next Top Model with me.

Natalie, Jimmy and Andrew playing with the kid toys. 
Ok, I'll admit, I joined in too. I had the duck ring.
We had so much fun playing in the water.
And this is what happens when you forget to spray your feet and legs with sunscreen and play all day in the sun. Come on, I'm a mom, my first priority is spraying down the girls and making sure they are covered. Then if I get some, it's a bonus. Which, by the way, they did not get burned except a little on Ayva's scalp where her part was. Success!
Yes, it hurt! My feet were swollen and it was hard to walk. Luckily grandma brought some of that "green stuff." Thank you Alisa!!!!
Unfortunately that was the first day so I missed out on the second day.
The girls had fun riding in the carts.

Ayva loved the boat rides, "Are we going on the boat, are we going on the boat?"
Grandma and Cheyenne. Again, the hair.
We got to camp out in a house. No tent....hooray!!!!

More "Lacey pics" of Lake Powell




13 comments:

JJ said...

First, your photos are beautiful! You are such a talented photographer. Second, I was like 15 minutes away from you in Provo and would have been happy to watch your kids!

Nat said...

What a fun trip! I need some pictures! Feel free to email some to me!

It was so fun spending time with you guys, and I am so glad you got crazy with the kiddie floaties with us! :)

abb said...

Thanks for coming on the trip with us! It was a lot of fun! As always, I love the pictures!

Leisel said...

I LOVE your pictures! Your girls are SOOO cute! Hey, I might even buy some of those prints from you, if I ever get around to decorating my bedroom. I am going to do it in reds and aqua and lots of black and white and the bottom pics would look great with it!

Eric and Amy said...

What a fun trip! Your photos are unbelievable! Seriously, your kids are going to be so lucky some day when they get older and realize they have so many amazing shots of themselves as kids. Seriously talented!

kelley said...

what a fun trip, it was good to see you for a minute (at church on Sunday) hope your feet are better. I also did some catching up by reading through your previous posts. Looks like good times all around

janelle said...

Beautiful pictures! I wish Derek and I could have been there. It looks like a blast. I'm happy everyone had fun.

lyndsey said...

i love the pictures! awww. remember when we went there together? that was a lifetime ago. but you did a great job capturing lake powell -- i love that place.

Stephanie said...

First of all I love that place! I think we had the time of our lives back in the day like lyndsey said. I would love to go again "someday". Maybe our families should go together! Let's start planning :)

Patty said...

The sunburned feet and legs look painful. It looks like you had a good time there. The girls are getting big and they are so cute.

Leslie said...

Looks like alot of fun. Great pictures. I love how Avya poses for the camera.

Bill Bates said...

Hey Lacey, great pictures. Thanks.

vk said...

Lacey, I feel like I am at a gallery when I look at your pictures. Your kids are lucky! Boy the Payzants sure love boats!

Love,
Verlinda