Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ayva's Birthday...

This was the result from my first experience of a "Black Friday" back in November with Natalie! Thanks again Nat for the "fun" experience.
Ayva loved it!
Ayva said, "It's EE-OW's new car!"

This was my first attempt at making a novelty cake. No princess, Dora, flower or anything girlie. It just had to be Lightning McQuenn. 
Here's what it is suppose to look like.
Here's the end product from me. I know, not great.
But Ayva loved it and I guess that's what matters.


All that hard work and we had to destroy it.
Cheyenne loved it!
She loves horses.
And of course, Rocket from Little Einsteins.
Ayva was so excited to play with her new toys that she wouldn't touch her cake. But her horses looked like they wanted some.
She had a fun day and for her birthday lunch she wanted to go to Taco Bell. What a good mother I am, can you tell where we go sometimes for lunch.

Here are some funny things she's been saying...

When they wake up in the morning and Ayva yells, "Mama, the suns is up!"

She calls vegetables...benchables.

On Sunday she noticed something exciting that was hiding in the garage (her new car) and as we were driving to church she asked, "Whatcha got there, mama?" I told her nothing and changed the subject hoping she would forget about it. Then on our way home from church, thinking that nursery took her mind off it, she asked me, "Whatcha got there, mama?" 

Josh and I were talking the other day in the kitchen and Ayva was sitting at the table eating and I said to Josh something to do with "it's just the two of us" and Ayva chimed in saying, "No mama, it's 4 of us."

Come to find out this morning, the white horse she got on her birthday was apparently anatomically correct. It's a male. So this morning when I opened to door to let them out she pointed to it and said, "What is that mama, what is that?" I was a little stunned and didn't know what to do for a second there. So I told her, "That's where he goes potty." Then changed the subject real fast. I think I'll have to take that one back.

She's an amazing kid and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.

18 comments:

Eric and Amy said...

My daughter would have a Lightning McQueen cake any day! One lucky girl! Amazing job on that cake. Extremely impressive!

Leisel said...

What a cutie! I love your cake-- you did a great job!

JJ said...

I think you did an amazing job on the cake! One of these days I'll have to blog about my first attempt at a themed 3-D cake...it did not end well.

I'm glad that little Ayva had a fun day. You're a great mom!

kelley said...

hot wheels ayva!

and the cake looks great

Rachel said...

She says the funniest things. My three year old is starting to say funny things and he just makes us laugh! You did an awesome job on the cake!

Stephanie said...

K...so really you did awesome with the cake. Stop be so hard on yourself! I'm impressed. Ayva's hair is so long. I love it. She's cute. Oh and the things she says are just STUNNING! I'm always shocked.

abb said...

What a special day! It looks like both girls had fun. I love the Lightning cake. I'm glad the Barbie car finally reached its destination safely. It was involved in a major accident before Ayva even got behind the wheel! Fortunately, it was not damaged. I hope Ayva enjoys the car!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ayva! Lacey your cake looked great! I wouldn't even dare attempt to make one. I am so jealous that Ayva got that car! I always wanted one when I was little!

Rachel said...

Ok so my three year old just saw the cake and he wants one for his birthday! He is so excited!

Nat said...

I think our Black Friday experience was worth it! It looks like she loved it!

Good job on the cake!

vk said...

I am dying laughing about the anatomical explanation!!!!! I think I tried a few of those explanations myself, they dont last long, so prepare Lacey!!!!!

The cake was amazing and I will remember where I saw it, and can't wait to get to Denver so we can have a get together. Cousin camp in April hopefully.

Hope you are feeling well, you know.

Love,
Aunt Verlinda

Mullin Fam said...

Happy Birthday Ava! As we were driving by your old place today Kate asked if Ava now lived far away!! How sad! We need to have you over! I got your phone call, but we were out of town! I will call you soon!

Mullin Fam said...

Sorry, I kept spelling Ayva's name wrong!

Heidi said...

Your cake was great! My Isabelle love horses and the majority of her horse are anatomically correct as well and she always makes a point to show me whether they are boys or girls. Sometimes she decides that they have to be girls regardless of what's under their skirts.

BriANDaleen said...

Whatever...That cake is amazing!

vancar said...

You did a wonderful job on the birthday cake, Lacey! I loved it very much. It looks professional! I was dieing laughing about the explanation for the anatomical explanation of the male horse! Way to go Lacey!

Good luck with that one!

Hope you're feeling good now.

Love you, Aunt Carla

Ellen said...

Lacey, you are a great Mom. good job on the cake. You have beautiful girls. Josh is alright , too. Happy Birthday Ayva, have fun with your car and horses. glad to hear we have another horse lover in our family. Next time you come I'll have to show Ayva the video of Eclipse (Janelle's horse) after she was born. I hope it is soon.
Love You
Grandma

Teranne said...

Happy birthday Ayva! Your cake looks just like the movie... that's so funny that she wanted "red cars" as it's called in our home (: She must like speed!