Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Roughin it in the great outdoors!!!

I know I've been a slacker on the whole posting thing, sorry.


So last Friday we got all of our new camping gear and we were planning on testing out our equipment in the mountains that night. Well we found out that it was suppose to snow early Saturday morning so we decided maybe next weekend. Josh got home Friday afternoon and saw all the gear and he just couldn't resist. So we found a state park that had campgrounds and went there. We got all packed up with all the stuff we thought we'd need. Again this is a test run. It looked like we were going away for a week. It's amazing how much space kids take up. Josh to was astonished as you might imagine, I think guys could probably just taking a sleeping bag and back pack and they would be set to go but us girls, not the case.


This is before we left, Ayva was so excited about her new sleeping bag.
Just setting up camp. It got a little chilly.
Sitting in front of the fire, trying to warm up.


This is what our tent looked like when we, or should I say Josh, got it all set up.


This is our tent the next morning. We went to bed and I couldn't get to sleep, big surprise. 3 hours later Cheyenne woke up for a feeding. I got out of my sleeping bag, shivering so bad that I could hardly get her bottle made. So she ate and we tried to go back to sleep and I finally got to sleep and then the wind started blowing. I mean it was blowing hard, the side of the tent was on top of my head. It was so loud and cold of course I was then up for the rest of the night. The right side of the tent came loose and fell in as you can see.

This is what our little camp site looked like, nice little driveway for the car and a nice little electrical outlet in front of it. We're really roughin' it, aren't we. And the bathrooms, I wish I got a picture of that. They had a laundry room, showers, nice toilets, granite counter tops. It was very nice and clean.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Please tell me that you at least made some smores!!! Those are my fav!

Mandy said...

Aaahh, camping. And it is even better when you have to make bottles in the middle of the night!

Nat said...

Yeah, well try nursing your baby in the freezing cold tent! THAT is an experience! You guys are brave!

Unknown said...

Ayva looks so cute in her sleeping bag. How funny. You guys look kind of cold.

Kelsey said...

Looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to go myself.