Thursday, January 24, 2008

AHH!!! Apartment life!

As you all know now, we moved to Denver. Well in Kansas City we had purchased a house a few months after we married and now we are back in an apartment. Now there are some benefits, like not having a yard to take care of and having a dumpster to throw away all the trash we want (in Kansas City there is a limit of two trash bags per household on trash day and if you have more bags you have to buy $1 tags for extra trash), etc. Now there are some downfalls and my number 1 is....NEIGHBORS!!! Especially if the apartment complex allows pets. Our neighbor above us was very quiet for the first week we were here and I thanked my lucky stars because neighbors above seem to be the worst. So after the first week I started hearing more noise from the guy and just this last weekend it seems that he bought a new little dog. Don't get me wrong I LOVE dogs but in this situation it just drives me nuts. It's a little yapper and the guy is gone all day so the dog goes crazy all day long with it's yapping and I just don't know how long I can take it.

Anyways, I just felt like venting about this. Sorry you had to read it!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

hahaha...I know what you mean. Just don't start throwing shoes!!!

Lacey said...

You remember that huh!!! You make me laugh!

Bill Bates said...

Saw wee! Arff! Arff!

JJ said...

Boy, do I remember apartment living (Kelly and I lived in four different apartment complexes before we bought our first home). Sometimes you luck out and get really quiet people. Sometimes...well, I have some great stories...

Hi, Lacey! So good to be in touch with you again. Say hi to your family for me!

brian_angela said...

We feel your pain Lacey. Fortunately our current apartment is a 2 story one without upstairs neighbors. However, we did have upstairs neighbors in Pennsylvania and then had a dog and often threw sketchy parties (with strange smelling smoke). Our neighbor to the side of us smoked like crazy and particularly in the room that shared a wall with Travis. The smell drove us nuts! We were so glad to move away. I bet it harder to go back to an apartment after having a house. Hang in there.