Sunday, February 22, 2009

From the mouth of babes...

Hello again!


Here's a very cute, tender story about Ayva.

Yesterday, Ayva was looking at one of her children's version Book of Mormons. She was flipping through it and showed me this page and said, "Mama, that's Jesus." I said, "Yes, that is Jesus." She responded, "He wants to see me."

I know, she doesn't really understand what that all means but it meant the world to me. Even as I write this I'm crying. 

I truly understand now when people say they learn from their children.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh that is so tender! I cried myself.

kelley said...

sweet and tender!

Leisel said...

Ayva is so sweet! I wish we were closer so that we could see more of her!

JJ said...

It's moments like that that make it all worth it.

Nat said...

Awww, how sweet! I love your new family picture! How did you get Josh to cooperate?!

Patty said...

Our little children are so close to the Savior. What we can learn from them if we just listen.

abb said...

That is a very touching story. How special that she is feeling the spirit.

I agree with Natalie. I love your family picture! I would love a copy, hint, hint.

cad said...

That was just sweet. Our children teach us the most important things in life, don't they?

Kelsey said...

So cute! I loved to teach Primary for that reason.

Teranne said...

I totally believe these children are prepared for the world in which they will be raised. They come with trailing clods of glory. They act like they already know Jesus and the plan, not so much that we have to instill it in them.

Dallin has informed me that when Jesus comes for the millenium, we are going to invite Him over for dinner.