Friday, February 8, 2008

Yesterday was a sad day...

Romney dropped out of the race! I guess we all knew that it would never happen. There are so many people that don't want a mormon in the White House that they'll do just about anything to keep it from happening. But in my opinion he is the only one that could do the job and I'm really not just saying that because he is mormon. McCain and Huckbee are snakes and played dirty tricks. They are so power hungary that they'll drop to Clinton's level and even worse. How can you get any worse than the Clinton's though, that seems impossible. McCain is a Democrat in disguise, so it's going to be a liberal Democrat VS liberal Democrat. So how do you vote if your a Conservative Republican?

The future of our country looks pretty bleak!!!

8 comments:

Leisel said...

I couldn't agree more! I now have no interest in voting whatsoever. All I can do is pray that maybe Obama will beat out Hillary-- he has some crazy ideas, but he at least seems like he is sincere!!!

Morgan said...

I have to totally agree. I almost shed a tear when he dropped out of the race!

Bill Bates said...

I move that we nominate Josh Bates as the presidential candidate of the UCRP (Unsatisfied conservative Republican Party). I am sure he would 'change' things in Washington.

Alisa suggested we call it the RA Party, Republicans with an attitude.

brian_angela said...

I liked Romney the best, but he could have been much better in my opinion. He's a great business man and has great values. He would have done well for our country. However, I can't understand why he held the position of pro-choice at one point and was for gay civil unions at one point (I suspect he had those stances to get elected in Mass.). Yes I believe him that he's changed his mind now, but what was to keep him from changing again? Really though, it's too bad Romney's out. Anybody but McCain would be better. Huckabee would be great too. I look at it like this, at least when the a democrat is elected (which will happen), they will stick to their party's values. McCain on the other hand doesn't. How about Joseph Smith for President!!

Nat said...

I agree! Usually in a presidential election, I vote for the lesser of the evils. In this case, there isn't one. I also agree with you on Romney, and not just because he is a Mormon. I just can't believe the choices we have now! Oh, and I also wanted to tell you that last week when the bakery closed, I bought 29 donuts for $1.50. Luckilly my kids ate them up!

Merrilee said...

I love your blog. Being in Washington I get totally burned out by all the politiking. Grrr... I have to say I'm stumped too. However, I have a very strong policy when it comes to voting - ABC: Anybody But Clinton. :)

Lacey said...

I totally agree Merr.

vk said...

Just do what I do, PRAY! Hey Lacey, Avaya's coat is at my house. I am all over the country. If you need it which I am sure you did the night you left, call Jonathan. He would meet you somewhere. I will be home soon and so will Jacqui. Call.

Love,
Verlinda