Saturday, December 15, 2007

Doughnuts, doughnuts and more doughnuts!!!!

Have any of you ever been to the bakery department at the grocery store when they are getting rid of the doughnuts? Well I was at Hy-Vee tonight and I was sniffing (ha ha ha) around the doughnuts deciding whether I need one or not and the lady came over to get rid of them. She looked at me and said "Ten for a $1." I thought she was joking but realized she wasn't so me thinking "Oh my gosh, that's the best deal I've ever seen!" How silly is that? How many doughnuts do we need between two people? And do I really need to eat any of those? Certainly not but it's a curse, doughnuts are my favorite treat. There was this guy that heard what she said too so he dove in there and said, "oh my kids will love this!" And as I got in there I said,"Oh my husband will kill me!" So I filled up the box with ten doughnuts and then I saw another doughnut thinking, "well that one looks good too, and that one too, oh and I have to have a sugary twist one and so on." How stupid is that?!!! Again, how many doughnuts do you need between two people? So the lady and I counted them up and I got 20 (I'm so embarrassed to even write that) but yes, 20 doughnuts.
As I walked off thanking the lady for thousands of calories in a box I saw that she only put $1. So I got 20 doughnuts for $1. Isn't that just sick and wrong?!! The funny thing is after the first one I have I'm going to be sick of them. Isn't that funny how we do that. You have something that you love so much, you get a good deal on it, think that it's the greatest thing and you take more than you should have in a year! Well that's what happened to me tonight.
FYI...We are not going to be able to eat all of them (at least I hope) but I'll keep you posted.

I hope my stupidity brings laughter into your life.

Have a good one and enjoy a doughnut once in a while!!!

4 comments:

Leisel said...

Lacey I am so very glad I am not the only one to do something like that! My husband hates that I am such a bad example to my kids, and yet, I continue to eat junk all the time! It is especially hard when I am pregnant!!! ;0)

abb said...

Do doughnuts freeze well?

Nat said...

That is so funny! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has done something like that!

Mandy said...

Oooohhhh, Doughnuts!